This information has been compiled from the California Real Estate Board. Please understand that the states can periodically make changes to the minimum education requirements, experience criteria and testing / examination procedures. Feel free to visit their website or contact them directly.
California Real Estate License Requirements
California Department Of Real Estate
– Must Be 18 years of age
– Proof of Legal Presence in the United States is required. If you are not a California resident, see Out-of-State Applicants.
– Applicants must be honest and truthful. Conviction of a crime may result in the denial of a license. Failure to disclose any criminal violation or disciplinary action in an applicant’s entire history may also result in the denial of a license. For further information, see Help Avoid Denial of Your License Application and Application Eligibility Information (RE 222).
Course work – Classes:
– Pass a 135 Hour – Three course pre-licensing course that has been approved by the state
– Each of the Three Sections has it’s own final
– State Approved Online Course is ALLOWED – Click Here to Get Started
Independent State Exam:
– Administered by outside vendor – PSI
California Real Estate Schools
Taking an online pre-licensing course allows your to succeed at your own pace, without being tied to a set schedule that may be spread out over weeks of time. You can take an online course in the comfort of your home without the distractions of other students that may not be a committed to getting up and running as much as you are. Click Here for a list of Real Estate Schools in California
Application for the California Real Estate Exam
Once you have passed your Real Estate Course Final Exam then you may apply and pay for their real estate salesperson examination and license at the same time by submitting one application form, Salesperson Exam/License Application (RE 435).
First time applicants must submit:
– A completed State Public Benefits Statement (RE205).
– Proof of Legal Presence, such as a copy of a birth certificate or passport, with their application.
– Applicants must also be fingerprinted using a Live Scan Service Request Form (RE 237) and Live Scan service provider.
– Applicants may get their fingerprints taken at the time they submit their Examination/License application or any time thereafter, however, results from the fingerprint process must still be received before a real estate license can be issued.
– Fingerprint processing fees are not refundable under any circumstances, including failure to qualify by examination for a license.
Schedule – Take & Pass your California Real Estate Exam
Examination scheduling is based on the volume of applications received by the DRE. Examination availability is subject to the seating capacity of the facility and the demand for that site.
Examinations are generally administered as needed in the following areas:
NOTE: Examination locations within an area may vary. Requests for specific locations within the chosen area cannot be granted. However, you may use the eLicensing online system to select a specific exam date and site. Check available exam dates
Schedule an Appointment to talk to YourCBL.com about joining Keller Williams Realty in California
Contact us to schedule & hold a comprehensive interview with you to see how your Career, Business & Life can benefit by taking your real estate career to new heights with Keller Williams Realty.